Thank you for responding. We're glad you are interested in being featured as a senior of the week. Please read ALL of the information below!
To complete an article about you,we have listed several 'interview' questions below. Please copy/paste them into a word document, provide your answer below each question and email your completed interview along with a photograph (any clear, personal photo that was not taken by a paid or professional photographer unless it was Scott) to [email protected] If a question on the list does not apply to you, please respond with 'n/a'.
Please note that the Chatsworth Times requires articles from us that are at least 500 words in length. If we do not have enough information to build an article of this length, we will not be able to feature you, so please remember that too much information is better than too little. Therefore when answering questions thoroughness will really help us! For example, if we ask 'At what age did you start playing this sport?' instead of simply giving an answer such as 'four', consider a longer answer. Example 'I started playing baseball when I was four when my mom signed me up for t-ball at the rec. But before that, I was playing in the yard with my dad."
If this invitation has been extended to you, there is a very good chance you will be in the paper but for clarity purposes we do have to note that it is not guaranteed.
Seniors are typically featured during their sports 'season'. For example if you are a basketball player submitting information about yourself in August, we will hold onto your info and feature it in late Fall or early Winter, when basketball season is underway.
1. What school do you attend?
2. What sport(s) do you play? (If you want the article to only focus on one sport, please list only that one here)
3. When did you start playing this/these sport(s)?
4. What position do you play?
5. What is your number, if any?
6. Why did you choose this number?
7. Are you a letter earner and if so, what years?
8. Any other awards in this sport? If so, please describe.
9. Are you a captain or other type of team leader?
10. Is there a player of this sport, present or past, that you look up to or that inspired you to want to play in the first place?
11. Do you have a favorite pro team?
12. Who taught you to play this sport?
BEYOND HIGH SCHOOL
10. Do you plan to attend college? If no, what comes next?
11. What college(s) do you hope to attend? Are you being recruited? What schools have you visited already?
12. Do you hope to continue playing your sport on a college team?
13. Have you/do you hope to receive a scholarship for this sport?
14. What are you going to major and minor in?
15. What career do you hope to someday have?
16. Would you like to remain in Murray County or live elsewhere? If elsewhere, elaborate.
17. Any special goals for the future?
18. Would you like to coach this sport someday?
FAMILY AND OTHER
18. Who are your parents and your siblings (names please)?
19. What are your hobbies?
20. What is something else, if anything, that you would like readers to know about you?
21. Do you have a favorite quote or a motto? If so what is it?
22. Who is your role model and why?
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] Thank you again for your interest in being a player of the week!